July 29, 2009

Just Call Me Flo!

I've been looking for a job lately; dentist's offices, medical clinics, etc... So far no one has responded to my applications and resume's so...... I accepted a job to work as ..........

.....gasp......

A waitress! Just call me Flo!
I have been working at the Park Place Tavern. Below, is a picture of my boss, Glenn Godward with the bar behind him. He is a very nice man and has been awarded Best Bartender in town for years.

It has an indoor restaurant and bar and also an outside patio and bar. We serve wings, seafood platters, steaks, burgers, salads and sandwiches. I hear it is good food, however, because none of it's gluten free, I haven't tasted any of it. We have lots of return and regular customers, so that's good. I love the staff and the tips are good.

My feet hurt!!!

Does it matter that my resume' is full of evidence of experience and expertise in the business world? I've worked for architects, hospitals, real estate appraisers, owned my own businesses, etc... and been on five Boards.

I'm hoping one of those office jobs will call me, but until then, waitressing will have to do. I like it and the customers and tourists are great!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I may be looking for something full-time soon too if Gus isn't able to get a job with insurance and my resume isn't packed as well as yours. I don't think my feet could take waitresses, but it is always wonderful to have work when you need it!

    ReplyDelete