October 28, 2009

Employed in Greenland!

I haven't posted in a month! That's because I was finally hired on October 8th, after 5 months of interviewing, at the hospital over the Mountain Pass in the local Metropolis. It is a wonderful job, Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., and I work with wonderful people. I am the new Office Manager of the Physical Therapy department. I was trained by the woman I was replacing. She had the good fortune of earning a promotion and moving to Radiology. She was a great trainer. She didn't micromanage and let me have "hand-on" immediately. She was patient and so was everyone else. She has moved on to her new position now and I am on my own.

I work in a full waiting room at a very fast-paced reception desk and live with a 2-monitor computer .....and work with a minimum of 8 different programs daily. My co-workers tell me that I am only about 1/4 trained, but it will come in the next 4 months of my probation. I schedule and register patients for Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy. The Wound & Lymphedema Clinic shares the registration desk with us and I help manage them, as well. Many of the patients think that my most important job is keeping the coffee hot. :-)
My job is challenging, fulfilling and looks to be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori

    email isnt working
    i have genealogy question
    Demunbruen & Foster

    plz email me ki1776@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete