April 8, 2009

The Glorious Sun

If you live in our neck of the woods, the only talk about town for the past three days has been the warmth and the SUN. I has been 65 deg. and no clouds! I think the people here were beginning to go postal because of the doom and gloom of winter. Oh, we all try to put up a good front, keep our chins up and be tough, but deep down inside we are all wiggin' out!

Megan actually got pink cheeks on Sunday! Victor did an inspection of a home/business in "the valley", yesterday, and was invited to sip lemonade, chat and rock on the gentleman's front porch when the inspection was over. Victor's face had some nice color to it when he came home. He also seemed rested and relaxed.

Oh, what the sunshine does to brighten one's soul and outlook on life. The kids were in a chipper mood when I picked them up from school and all they wanted to do was play and go to the local malt shop for an ice cream. They wanted to hang out at the public library and "ooooh, Mom could we go to the park and play in the lagoon?"It has been a Norman Rockwell-esque few days. I don't want them to go away. I miss summer. I love the sounds of the sprinklers. I LOVE ice cream sundaes and root beer floats. I love the foods of summer like barbecue ribs, steaks, hot dogs and hamburgers. I love potato salads, watermelon and popsicles. I love lying on a beach chair, reading a book, sipping any kind of drink with ice cubes clinking against the glass and being totally enveloped in the warmth of the sun's rays.
I love the activities of summer like running through the sprinkler, swimming at the outdoor city pool, hiking, fishing, camping, boating, washing the car in the driveway, mowing the lawn, gardening, picnics and parades.

The sad thing is, the forecast for the Easter weekend, starting with this afternoon is RAIN and thunderstorms for the next week. I will remain hopeful, however, that summer will arrive soon and I promise to bask in every moment of it!

1 comment: