February 6, 2009

Googling Your Name

My daughter, the super blogger, wrote a post about googling your first name with a phrase attached and finding what comes up. I challenge you to do the same thing. It's kind of fun.

(Instructions: Go to Google and type in your first name and add the phrase. Copy and paste the first sentence/phrase you get that makes sense. Make sure you include the quotes in your search. You can get some pretty wacky stuff.)

Q. Type in "[your name] needs" in the Google search.
A: "Lori needs backup singers."

Q: Type in "[your name] looks like" in Google search.
A: "Lori looks like a boy." Hey, it's just NOT true!!

Q: Type in "[your name] says" in Google search.
A: "Lori says Life is Good!" (Internet pictures for this usually turned up women in bathing suits lying on motorcycles.)

Q: Type in "[your name] wants" in Google search.
A: "Lori wants a naked cat." Ewwww, gross! Naked or dressed, cats are icky.
Q: Type in "[your name] does" in Google search.
A: I actually had to wade through dozens of sites that started with "Lori Does Dallas/Maryland/Boston". So, I will finally settle on ..... "Lori does it again!!!"

Q: Type in "[your name] hates" in Google search
A: "Lori hates to shop." Wow, now this one is true. I usually don't have enough time. I feel like someone strapped an engine with a widget-arm and manifold to my cart and then I zoom around fretting over prices and ingredients.
Q: Type in "[your name] asks" in Google search.
A: "Lori asks for you to help Mister Rogers Neighborhood. So, why don't you help the "hood"?!"Q: Type in "[your name] goes" in Google search.
A: "Lori goes up. Lori goes down. Lori aloft. Hey, that was fun!"
A ride on a hot air balloon is actually one of my secret wishes. I would do this before I would jump out of a plane, or peton up a cliff or scuba dive in shark infested lagoons. However, I have a fear of the balloon catching fire and deflating like the Hindenberg then crashing on top of a Suburu.

Q: Type in "[your name] likes " in Google search.
A: "Lori Likes Desserts." Oh, yes, I do.

Q: Type in "[your name] eats " in Google search.
A: I had a choice here... "Lori eats Pandas" or "Lori eats Kids." I would never eat a Panda. They are so cute. I would eat my kids, however. When they were babies I used to tell them that I was going to "eat them up". Ohhhh, they were such cute babies and have become wonderful adults.
Just look at those cheeks! They are worthy of nibbling! That's Megan when she was 11 months, by the way.

Q: Type in "[your name] wears " in Google search.
A: "Lori wears the title of writer very well." Ahem, you heard it here folks!!

Q: Type in "[your name] was arrested for" in Google Search.
A: "Lori was arrested for allegedly helping a GORILLA group!" Yeah, sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment