January 26, 2009

Before and After

My daughter, Rachel wrote a post on her blog entitled BEFORE and AFTER. It was cute and had a fun recipe on it. She didn't really give the recipe a name but called it a "yummy breakfast".

This is her before picture..... This is her after picture.....
I really thought it was clever and we needed something quick for our breakfast this morning so I decided to make it. I mean, how hard could it be? Stuff a piece of bread in a muffin tin...
....drop in an egg ...

add cheese to the top... Um, mine was a total disaster. I have to confess that I didn't have her pictures in front of me when I was creating my "yummy breakfast". I forgot that she trimmed the crust off. She also used white bread, not wheat. Wheat isn't flexible and won't squish into the holes right.

I also read later that she bakes hers for 15 minutes at 350 deg. I broiled mine. By the way, this is NOT gluten-free. Mine wasn't even edible. The bread was burned and the egg was raw.

...VOILA!!!
The kids ate yogurt for their "yummy breakfast" and raced out of the house.

1 comment:

  1. Haaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa!!!! Okay, first of all you should tear off the crust. Mine had the crust torn off, which I didn't mention because it isn't always necessary. Second, you used nasty wheat bread...okay fine, it's healthy but you need to make it soft first so next time you try it, pop it in the microwave first to make it squishier. Then it will mold to the cup better. Sometimes the entire egg doesn't fit if I buy "large" eggs so if it overflows, don't put in all the whites. I also used that sick-o-but-nice-and-melty cheese singles and they taste better on top (and yes, there are GF singles!) Try it again!!! It really is so good!!!

    ReplyDelete